Monday, February 05, 2007

We dont see with our eyes

Out of the blues my son, pointed 3 fingers at me and said " Dad do you know that we three fingers you can carry anybody to a certain height?" I have heard of this son, I said, then I quickly got back to him with the HOW. There is some block within our own minds, on can be done and what cannot be done, if we manage to remove those blockades we can do anything, he quipped effortlessly, giving me an impression that he had managed to remove all those blockages.

This kept me wondering for a few minutes, but then I was not equipped with the right words or
the knowledge to pursue my thoughts.

Then it suddenly occurred to me as I was sitting in the church on sunday, when the preacher
spoke something similar quoting the David and Goliath story. Now its work pursuing the case.

The preacher said "David did not look at the situation in front of him from his perspective but
got to see it from Gods perspective". In other words he did not see with his eyes, he allowed
God to see through his (Davids) eyes. Herein lies the secret.

What is going to happen is in the unseen realm and we cannot see it with our physical eyes.
What we see with our physical eyes is what is going on in front of us. And what is going on is
what we had visualized with or without our knowledge. If we get to see what is going to happen
from the spirit realm, we can surely manipulate the physical realm. The mountains will seem
like mounds. The lions den and the fiery furnace can do no harm.

How can we do this?

Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy
and without blemish before him in love:

1Ti 6:19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come,
that they may lay hold on the life which is life indeed.


We need to lay the foundations in Jesus Christ, who is the word of God. Our foundations need to
be built on the word. Which would mean that the promises of God must be the foundation of our
life and we need to see everything through the light of his word. Only then will those
fortresses in the mind can be brought down.

If I require Rs.1000 crores to get people out of debts and help them redeem their homes and
families. It might look like a mountain. But if I see it through the light of his promise -
Phi 4:19 And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in
Christ Jesus - then it becomes simple. Rs.1000 crores becomes less than a petty cash amount when you start meditating on the riches of God.

No comments: