Friday, November 27, 2015
Sunday, October 20, 2013
A humble and sincere request to all of you on my friends list here. If you find my posts or behaviour here or elsewhere offensive, kindly feel free to remove me from your friends list. I will not be offended at all but would consider you a person of character. That would be much better than remaining on my friends list and speaking ill off me behind my backAnd then the next day while on a discussion the creator of the post (reason for discussion said thus)
....if i had written on ur page u could have called it pontificating...and now if u cant be offensive on this issue,please stay off my page......civil comments welcomed......and i get outraged about many things.......but dont have to explain to u...so please back off...stay off...or i will come mother ur page like u r doing mine.......and am one of those types who dont care...who dont hve anything to lose...so please back off...please go say whatever u hve on ur page,will u....These are good friends who protect their space quite seriously. And I see nothing wrong in doing it. But then something within me reminded of my early days in life, when one had lots of energy and wanted to be adventurous every day. There was this friend of mine who allowed a whole bunch of us to come and use his house for resting, eating, partying. His parents were the chilled out type too. So nearly 10 of us were regular visitors. We got our lunch our tea with snacks and much love. They never questioned us or advised us. They just showed much love. To me a facebook page is a space certainly not as real as my friends home. I wish I can have anyone dropping in and saying what they want about anyone or anything knowing fully well they will not be judged. I only hope I dont get into pissing and protecting my property mode. Thats not me
Friday, October 05, 2012
For many years I could not make out the difference between what arouses the instinct and emotion and the intellect. And then TED.com happened what actually grabbed my attention was TED Talks had circumnavigated the drabness of hard content (which was often tedious to watch) By curating the talks so wonderfully that it was presented in a way that it gave enough to the instinct and emotion and yet fed the intellect. I was might impressed. This was what I wanted to pursue and go after till I bumped to the brass wall of event managers wanting to make capital in some form having no clue about how it has to be managed. I stood afar, shedding a tear now and then, whilst a wonderful format was raped and ravaged. I could see the event becoming a monster and as it grew in size and gobbled up the conference side of TED.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I don’t mean to sound seditious here, but I have a rebellious plan to combat the ills that many corporations are perpetrating in the name of fighting grime and germs. My main gripe is about the environmental pollutants from cleaning and personal care products that we wash down our drains and into our water systems, resulting in situations like the chemical triclo
1. Make ToothpasteA paste made from baking soda and a 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution can be used as an alternative to commercial non-fluoride toothpastes. (Or here’s a formula for a minty version.) You can also just dip your toothbrush with toothpaste into baking soda for an extra boost. 2. Freshen Your MouthPut one teaspoon in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse. Odors are neutralized, not just covered up.3. Soak Oral ApplianceSoak oral appliances, like retainers, mouthpieces, and dentures, in a solution of 2 teaspoons baking soda dissolved in a glass or small bowl of warm water. The baking soda loosens food particles and neutralizes odors to keep appliances fresh. You can also brush appliances clean using baking soda. 4. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body ExfoliantGive yourself an invigorating facial and body scrub. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This is gentle enough for daily use. (For a stronger exfoliant, try one of these great 5 Homemade Sugar Scrubs.) 5. Skip Harsh DeodorantPat baking soda onto your underarms to neutralize body odor.6. Use as an AntacidBaking soda is a safe and effective antacid to relieve heartburn, sour stomach and/or acid indigestion. Refer to baking soda package for instructions. 7. Treat Insect Bites&Itchy SkinFor insect bites, make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply as a salve onto affected skin. To ease the itch, shake some baking soda into your hand and rub it into damp skin after bath or shower. For specific tips on bee stings, see Bee Stings: Prevention and Treatment. 8. Make a Hand Cleanser and SoftenerSkip harsh soaps and gently scrub away ground-in dirt and neutralize odors on hands with a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, or 3 parts baking soda to gentle liquid hand soap. Then rinse clean. You can try this honey and cornmeal scrub for hands too. 9. Help Your HairVinegar is amazing for your hair, but baking soda has its place in the shower too. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse thoroughly–baki ng soda helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind so your hair is cleaner and more manageable. 10. Clean Brushes and CombsFor lustrous hair with more shine, keep brushes and combs clean. Remove natural oil build-up and hair product residue by soaking combs and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small basin of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry. 11. Make a Bath SoakAdd 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bath to neutralize acids on the skin and help wash away oil and perspiration, it also makes your skin feel very soft. Epsom salts are pretty miraculous for the bath too, read about the health benefits of epsom salt baths. 12. Soothe Your FeetDissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak feet. Gently scrub. You can also make a spa soak for your feet.Cleaning
13. Make a Surface Soft Scrub For safe, effective cleaning of bathroom tubs, tile and sinks–even fiberglass and glossy tiles–sprinkle baking soda lightly on a clean damp sponge and scrub as usual. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry. For extra cleaning power, make a paste with baking soda, course salt and liquid dish soap—let it sit then scour off. 14. Handwash Dishes and Pots&PansAdd 2 heaping tablespoons baking soda (along with your regular dish detergent) to the dish water to help cut grease and foods left on dishes, pots and pans. For cooked-on foods, let them soak in the baking soda and detergent with water first, then use dry baking soda on a clean damp sponge or cloth as a scratchless scouring powder. Using a dishwasher? Try these energy saving tips. 15. Freshen SpongesSoak stale-smelling sponges in a strong baking soda solution to get rid of the mess (4 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water). For more thorough disinfecting, use the microwave. 16. Clean the MicrowaveBaking soda on a clean damp sponge cleans gently inside and outside the microwave and never leaves a harsh chemical smell. Rinse well with water.17. Polish Silver Flatware Use a baking soda paste made with 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry for shining sterling and silver-plate serving pieces.18. Clean Coffee and Tea Pots Remove coffee and tea stains and eliminate bitter off-tastes by washing mugs and coffee makers in a solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of warm water. For stubborn stains, try soaking overnight in the baking soda solution and detergent or scrubbing with baking soda on a clean damp sponge. 19. Clean the OvenSprinkle baking soda onto the bottom of the oven. Spray with water to dampen the baking soda. Let sit overnight. In the morning, scrub, scoop the baking soda and grime out with a sponge, or vacuum, and rinse. 20. Clean FloorsRemove dirt and grime (without unwanted scratch marks) from no wax and tile floors using 1/2 cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water–mop and rinse clean for a sparkling floor. For scuff marks, use baking soda on a clean damp sponge, then rinse. Read Natural Floor Cleaning for more tips on avoiding toxic floor cleaners. 21. Clean FurnitureYou can make a homemade lemon furniture polish, or you can clean and remove marks (even crayon) from walls and painted furniture by applying baking soda to a damp sponge and rubbing lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth. 22. Clean Shower CurtainsClean and deodorize your vinyl shower curtain by sprinkling baking soda directly on a clean damp sponge or brush. Scrub the shower curtain and rinse clean. Hang it up to dry.23. Boost Your Liquid Laundry Detergent Give your laundry a boost by adding ½ cup of baking soda to your laundry to make liquid detergent work harder. A better balance of pH in the wash gets clothes cleaner, fresher, and brighter.24. Gently Clean Baby Clothes Baby skin requires the most gentle of cleansers, which are increasingly available, but odor and stain fighters are often harsh. For tough stains add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your liquid laundry detergent, or a 1/2 cup in the rinse cycle for deodorization. 25. Clean Cloth DiapersDissolve ½ cup of baking soda in 2 quarts of water and soak diapers thoroughly.26. Clean and Freshen Sports GearUse a baking soda solution (4 tablespoons Baking soda in 1 quart warm water) to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment. Sprinkle baking soda into golf bags and gym bags to deodorize, clean golf irons (without scratching them!) with a baking soda paste (3 parts Baking sodato 1 part water) and a brush. Rinse thoroughly. 27. Remove Oil and Grease StainsUse Baking soda to clean up light-duty oil and grease spills on your garage floor or in your driveway. Sprinkle baking soda on the spot and scrub with a wet brush.28. Clean Batteries Baking soda can be used to neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars, mowers, etc. because its a mild alkali. Be sure to disconnect the battery terminals before cleaning. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, apply with a damp cloth to scrub corrosion from the battery terminal. After cleaning and re-connecting the terminals, wipe them with petroleum jelly to prevent future corrosion. Please be careful when working around a battery–they contain a strong acid. 29. Clean CarsUse baking soda to clean your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without worrying about unwanted scratch marks. Use a baking soda solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of warm water. Apply with a sponge or soft cloth to remove road grime, tree sap, bugs, and tar. For stubborn stains use baking soda sprinkled on a damp sponge or soft brush. Here’s how Sustainable Dave washes his car. Deodorizing
30. Deodorize Your RefrigeratorPlace an open box in the back of the fridge to neutralize odors.31. Deodorize the Cutting BoardSprinkle the cutting board with baking soda, scrub, rinse. For how to more thoroughly clean your cutting board, see How To Clean Your Cutting Boards. 32. Deodorize TrashcansSprinkle baking soda on the bottom of your trashcan to keep stinky trash smells at bay.33. Deodorize RecyclablesSprinkle baking soda on top as you add to the container. Also, clean your recyclable container periodically by sprinkling baking soda on a damp sponge. Wipe clean and rinse. Learn about how to recycle everything. 34. Deodorize DrainsTo deodorize your sink and tub drains, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water–it will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a fresh drain. (This a good way to dispose of baking soda that is being retired from your refrigerator.) Do you know what you’re not supposed to put down your drains? 35. Deodorize and Clean DishwashersUse Baking soda to deodorize before you run the dishwasher and then as a gentle cleanser in the wash cycle.36. Deodorize Garbage DisposalsTo deodorize your disposal, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing, pour baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water. Baking Soda will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a fresh drain. 37. Deodorize Lunch BoxesBetween uses, place a spill-proof box of baking soda in everyone’s lunch box to absorb lingering odors. Read bout safe lunch boxes here.38. Remove Odor From CarpetsLiberally sprinkle baking soda on the carpet. Let set overnight, or as long as possible (the longer it sets the better it works). Sweep up the larger amounts of baking soda, and vacuum up the rest. (Note that your vacuum cleaner bag will get full and heavy.) 39. Remove Odor From Vacuum CleanersBy using the method above for carpets, you will also deodorize your vacuum cleaner.40. Freshen ClosetsPlace a box on the shelf to keep the closet smelling fresh, then follow these tips to organize your closet in an eco-friendly way. 41. Deodorizing CarsOdors settle into car upholstery and carpet, so each time you step in and sit down, they are released into the air all over again. Eliminate these odors by sprinkling baking soda directly on fabric car seats and carpets. Wait 15 minutes (or longer for strong odors) and vacuum up the baking soda. 42. Deodorize the Cat BoxCover the bottom of the pan with baking soda, then fill as usual with litter. To freshen between changes, sprinkle baking soda on top of the litter after a thorough cleaning. You can also use green tea for this purpose! 43. Deodorize Pet BeddingEliminate odors from your pets bedding by sprinkling liberally with baking soda, wait 15 minutes (or longer for stronger odors), then vacuum up.44. Deodorize SneakersKeep odors from spreading in smelly sneakers by shaking baking soda into them when not in use. Shake out before wearing. When they’re no longer wearable, make sure to donate your old sneakers. 45. Freshen LinensAdd 1/2 cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle for fresher sheets and towels. You can also make homemade lavender linen water with this formula.46. Deodorize Your WashGym clothes of other odoriferous clothing can be neutralized with a ½ cup of baking soda in the rinse cycle. 47. Freshen Stuffed AnimalsKeep favorite cuddly toys fresh with a dry shower of baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda on and let it sit for 15 minutes before brushing off.Miscellaneous
48. Camping Cure-all Baking soda is a must-have for your next camping trip. Its a dish washer, pot scrubber, hand cleanser, deodorant, toothpaste,f ire extinguisher and many other uses.49. Extinguish FiresBaking soda can help in the initial handling of minor grease or electrical kitchen fires, because when baking soda is heated, it gives off carbon dioxide, which helps to smother the flames. For small cooking fires (frying pans, broilers, ovens, grills), turn off the gas or electricity if you can safely do so. Stand back and throw handfuls of baking soda at the base of the flame to help put out the fire–and call the Fire Department just to be safe. (And, you should have a fire entinguisher on hand anyway, here’s why. 50. Septic CareRegular use of baking soda in your drains can help keep your septic system flowing freely. 1 cup of baking soda per week will help maintain a favorable pH in your septic tank.51. Fruit and Vegetable Scrub Baking soda is the food safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little on a clean damp sponge, scrub and rinse. Here’s another way to clean your vegetables as well.OK, so there are my 51 suggestions (with a little help from the Arm&Hammond baking soda site, thank you). Do you have any tips or tricks that I missed? Please share in the comments. About the AuthorMelissa Breyer is a writer and editor with a background in sustainable living, specializing in food, science and design. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic) and has edited and written for regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. Melissa lives in Brooklyn, NY.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Quoting from the latest available rural health statistics for 2011, the draft chapter gives details of two key areas — physical infrastructure and human resources.
The statistics show a shocking shortfall of human resources, be it doctors, nurses or other healthcare personnel. According to the PlanningCommission’s draft, the country’s government-run healthcare system is hamstrung because the number of doctors is short of the target by a jaw-dropping 76%, there are 53% fewer nurses, specialist doctors are short by 88%, radiographers are short by 85% and laboratory technicians are short by 80%.
What the shortage of personnel means is that in many states where infrastructure is largely present, the absence of doctors and nurses renders the whole facility meaningless. Thus, Gujarat has only a 5% shortfall of community health centres (CHC) but only 76 out of the 1,220 specialists required are available. In Odisha, there are 377 CHCs although only 327 are required as per norms. But of the 1,570 specialists required to man these CHCs, only 438 are at work.
This is the situation after the government spent . 33,390 crore, that is 52% of its total National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) budget on human resources.
The picture is grim on physical infrastructure too, consisting of the gigantic network of health sub-centres (SC), primary health centres (PHC), community health centres (CHC) and district hospitals (DH). There are supposed to be 1,78,267 SCs in the country on the basis of about one per 1,000 population. In reality, there are only 1,48,124 — about 17% short. Politics plays a key role in public healthcare
There are supposed to be 1,78,267 SCs in the country on the basis of about one per 1,000 population. In reality, there are only 1,48,124 — about 17% short. Even among the functional ones, more than 40,000 are working out of rented buildings; buildings for 13,000 sub-centres are still being made. A quarter of them don’t have water and a similar proportion has no electricity.
The situation is no different as one goes up the ladder. There is an 18% shortfall in PHCs, and an alarming 34% shortfall in CHCs. District hospitals are only 4% short of the target but since all lower centres are short and illequipped, the rush to district hospitals causes massive crowding.
This is the result after the government spent Rs17,380 crore or about 27% of its total National Rural Health Mission budget on setting up infrastructure in the last five years.
The physical infrastructure available is unevenly spread across the country. In states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Odisha, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and many states in the northeast, there is no shortfall of community health centres. But in states like Assam, Bihar, Karnataka, MP, Maharashtra, UP and West Bengal, the shortfall ranges between 33% and 91%. This clearly shows that as much as finances, political will at the state government level is also a key determining factor in the fate of public healthcare.
So, by under-investing in key areas like infrastructure and deployment of qualified personnel, the government appears to have constrained the spread of health facilities for all — and apathy at the state government level has further worsened the situation. Will another half a percentage point increase solve this colossal problem? TNN
Subodh Varma TNN
Friday, August 10, 2012
The horse and the mule live for 30 years,
And know nothing of wines and beer;
The goat and sheep at 20 die,
And never get a taste of Scotch and rye.
The cow drinks water by the tonne
And at 18 is mostly done
Without the aid of rum and gin.
The cat in milk and water soaks,
And then in 12 short years it croaks.
The modest, sober, bone-dry hen
Lays eggs for others, then dies at 10.
All animals are strictly dry,
They sinless live and swiftly die.
But sinful, ginful, rum-soaked men
Survive for three score years and ten,
And some of them, though very few,
Stay pickled till they’re 92.
wrote this for the DG Club newsletter!
Friday, July 27, 2012
As Olympic training became more detailed, more scientific and more complicated, France created an agency in its sports ministry. Its nondescript name - Préparation Olympique et Paralympique - masked a more ambitious purpose: to boost medal counts through athletic surveillance, as much Spy Games as Olympic Games, under the direction of a man competitors called the French James Bond.
But France is not the only nation looking for an Olympic edge through stealth. Someone from the United States' BMX cycling team surreptitiously rode the competition course in London for this summer's Olympic Games with a three-dimensional mapping device, specifics of which officials declined to reveal, so the Americans could build and train on a replica of the Olympic track.
And USA Sailing opportunistically snatched up property near the Olympic competition site in Weymouth, England, to build a training base in enemy territory to study weather and current conditions before the Games.
As the Games have grown in magnitude and in dollars, countries have turned to ever shrewder tactics, like technological investments in training and equipment, painstaking research on opponents, and outright espionage. When the Summer Games begin this week in London, many teams will have engaged in this new Olympic reality - the gamesmanship of the Games, as coaches and officials seize upon untapped resources often beyond the scope of rules.
"We realized that international competition was becoming more and more pronounced," said Fabien Canu, the man known as the French James Bond, who was the French agency's director from 2006 to 2010.
It was Canu who pioneered the use of technology and intelligence gathering to enhance the traditional training methods of Olympic athletes.
"If we continued our little artisanal operation, which was sometimes wonderful, it wouldn't be good enough," he said. So he used the Internet and athletes to look for advances in techniques and technologies used by the competition. Among the intelligence his agency picked up: cryotherapy, a recovery technique in which athletes are subjected to low temperatures, was used by Australian rowers.
Revitalized in part by its reconnaissance, France seized 41 medals at the Beijing Games in 2008, and not, Canu said, "by chance."
In rowing, where the arrangement of a boat's rigging can affect a crew's time, everyone pays close attention to the opponents' equipment. Before Peter Cipollone won gold in rowing at the 2004 Athens Games for the United States, he coached. As a young assistant, he took his cues from other coaches. This included trips at night to the marina, where he examined opponents' boats to find any competitive edge, logging measurements in notebooks no one ever saw.
"You might see a Brit, an Aussie and a Kiwi doing the same thing," he said. "If you run into them, it's O.K., because we all speak English. We're all sort of on the same side. Like, 'Just having a quick look.' "
"There's no law against it," Cipollone added. "It's considered bad form to get busted."
In recent years, increasingly advanced examples have surfaced, as if ripped from the pages of spy novels.
In luge, athletes talked of how they blocked their sleds at starting lines when opposing coaches tried to sneak peeks. The British Olympic Association claimed that two of its databases had been hacked into in late 2007. That same year, Chinese police officers raided weather monitoring equipment used by the British sailing team.
In Beijing, so closely guarded were the hosts' secrets that the 2008 Summer Games became known in some circles as the Spy Games. That started in early 2008, when China sequestered its top athletes at the national sports training center, a compound guarded by paramilitary and Beijing municipal police 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
"We are now entering a period of silence," Li Yongbo, the badminton coach, told reporters then.
Préparation Olympique et Paralympique, the French agency known as P.O.P., came about in 2005 after Paris lost its bid for the 2012 Games to London. Canu said he found an "extraordinary tool," with a "phenomenal richness" in the most obvious place of all, the Internet. His group set out to harness the Web to gather otherwise unseen information about the competition.
Spending upward of 100,000 euros, or about $121,000, for a custom-built search engine designed by a company that specializes in economic intelligence software, P.O.P. began to track news reports, government documents, Web sites and archives in various countries. France employed two full-time "watchers" to search for and organize the data by country and then by sport. Such an operation, while legal, would have been unheard-of - not to mention impossible - a mere 20 years ago.
The French agency also taught individual sports federations to perform systematic debriefings of trainers and coaches upon returning from international competitions. Canu saw all of this as an evolution of more traditional training - run, jump, lift, rest - something all the elite countries practiced in some form, only under different names. Some called it innovation. Others called it research and development. The French labeled their efforts as surveillance, or intelligence. Canu has been quoted saying, "Sports espionage is the reality these days."
Before Vancouver, British Columbia, hosted the Winter Olympics in 2010, Canada created an arm for research and innovation known as Top Secret, and everyone involved signed nondisclosure agreements, engineers included, lest their intelligence end up in the hands of the competition. The wildly successful British track-cycling program labeled its program the Secret Squirrel Club, and it produced a superbike made from components used in Formula One racing and the aerospace industry.
Canada created its Top Secret initiative as part of a larger program, Own the Podium, in 2005. A sizable increase in financing, much of it from corporate sponsors keen on ballooning the host's medal count, provided Top Secret with more than $2 million each year for five years leading into the Olympics. That went to 55 projects, and included about 18 institutes and 3 think tanks.
Dr. Jon Kolb, a director of sports science, medicine and innovation, Canada's answer to Canu, led the program. He said he could not quantify how many medals Top Secret ultimately produced. Its financing is now lower, its name changed, but Kolb and his colleagues are already pointed toward the Olympics in 2014 and 2016.
"London is way in my rearview mirror," he said while at an airport, on his way to a research summit in Europe. "We've already got projects for Rio in the works. I can't tell you what they are, of course."
As the London Games approached, the United States BMX team performed its reconnaissance at a test event in London - without consent of the hosts. According to the national team coach James Herrera: "We had guys on the ground, taking video, 3D-, engineering-type images. So we knew how many feet it was going to be from the base of the ramp to the first obstacle, how high, how far."
But Olympic officials changed the course in January. The United States team flew the same builder back to the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif., and altered its replica course accordingly. Officials declined to provide details but did speak to the advantages such a course provided. "Massive" is how Herrera described it, noting how the American team built a replica track for Beijing, too, from drawings mostly, and won half of the six BMX medals.
Reports from Britain noted how the British track cyclists filmed Australian coaches who were filming their training sessions at a recent competition. "The espionage out here has reached such farcical levels that our lot are filming their lot filming our lot," an article in The Daily Mail began.
Many of the involved parties declined to speak about espionage, past or present. A true spy never reveals his tricks.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Women - Multiple process
Womens brains designed to concentrate multiple task at a time.
Women can Watch a TV and Talk over phone and cook.
Men - Single Process
Mens brains designed to concentrate only one work at a time. Men can not watch TV and talk over the phone at the same time. they stop the TV while Talking. They can either watch TV or talk over the phone or cook. 2. LANGUAGE
Women can easily learn many languages. But can not find solutions to problems. Men can not easily learn languages, they can easily solve problems. That's why in average a 3 years old girl has three times higher vocabulary than a 3 yeard old boy. 3. ANALYTICAL SKILLS
Mens brains has a lot of space for handling the analytical process. They can analyze and find the solution for a process and design a map of a building easily. But If a complex map is viewed by women, they can not understand it. Women can not understand the details of a map easily, For them it is just a dump of lines on a paper. 4. CAR DRIVING.
While driving a car, mans analytical spaces are used in his brain. He can drive a car fastly. If he sees an object at long distance, immediately his brain classifies the object (bus or van or car) direction and speed of the object and he drives accordingly. Where woman take a long time to recognize the object direction/ speed. Mans single process mind stops the audio in the car (if any), then concentrates only on driving. 5. LYING
When men lie to women face to face, they get caught easily. Womans super natural brain observes facial expression 70%, body language 20% and words coming from the mouth 10%. Mens brain does not have this. Women easily lie to men face to face.
So guys, do not lie face to face. 6. PROBLEMS SOLVING
If a man have a lot of problems, his brain clearly classifies the problems and puts them in individual rooms in the brain and then finds the solution one by one. You can see many guys looking at the sky for a long time. If a woman has a lot of problems, her brain can not classify the problems. she wants some one to hear that. After telling everything to a person she goes happily to bed. She does not worry about the problems being solved or not. 7. WHAT THEY WANT
Men want status, success, solutions, big process, etc... But Women want relationship, friends, family, etc...8. UNHAPPINESS
If women are unhappy with their relations, they can not concentrate on their work. If men are unhappy with their work, they can not concentrate on the relations. 9. SPEECH
Women use indirect language in speech. But Men use direct language.
10. HANDLING EMOTION
Women talk a lot without thinking. Men act a lot without thinking
Friday, June 29, 2012
My morning used to be quiet, and you all know how important to start a morning at peace. That's how I used to start at work, Peaceful. Then 3 weeks back it all changed. A new department moved to the adjoining room and their work was to deal with people so I could not really blame them when there was talk of immense volume and laughter. It disturbed me no end. My mornings were not the same anymore. The day did not start with peace and my day did not work out fine consequently.
My instincts wanted to get the better of me.. I wanted to storm into the room and actually wanted to tell people to SHUT UP. No that's not my style but I would have gently told them to talk softly and not disturb. Well what would have happened is as a senior (old) guy I would have annoyed them or would have made them sullen. I would have screwed up their day. I would have distanced myself from them. They were youngsters and I would have probably thrown cold water into their enthusiasm. So what do I do? The noise was getting too much by the day. I HAD TO DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!
So I did some thinking?
I bought myself a headset.
First few days I listened to Mozart and cut off the sounds partially. But the the ambient noise was cutting through the music and it was not a good idea.
So I decided to listen to some motivational talks... I never used to do it.
So I played Zig Ziglar and Brain Tracy... I started liking the talks
My mornings with such talk was much better the the peaceful mornings I used to enjoy earlier.
Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. Marcel Proust
Monday, June 18, 2012
These are actual comments made by South Carolina Troopers that were
taken off their car videos:
1. "You know, stop lights don't come any redder than the one you just
2. "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll
stretch after you wear them a while."
3. "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth
certificate a worthless document." (My Favorite)
4. "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."
5. "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the
speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you." (LOVE IT)
6. "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can
write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"
7. "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't think
it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"
8. "Warning! You want a warning? O.K, I'm warning you not to do that
again or I'll give you another ticket."
9. "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are
drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?" (love this one too)
10. "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you
go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in
11. "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a
12. "In God we trust; all others we run through NCIC." ( National
Crime Information Center )
13. "Just how big were those 'two beers' you say you had?"
14. "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're
allowed to write as many tickets as we can."
15. "I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend
of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."
AND THE WINNER IS....
16.. "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we
don't. Sign here."
The Master answered and said "Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river.
"The current of the river swept silently over them all — young and old, rich and poor, good and evil, the current going it's own way, knowing only its own crystal self. "Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth."But one creature said at last, 'I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom.'"The other creatures laughed and said, 'Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed against the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!' But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks. Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more. And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger, cried 'See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah come to save us all!' And the one carried in the current said, "I am no more messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure.
This story captured my imagination at a very young age. I realized following (obeying) dictats of the family keeps you safe and sound but there is nothing you can achieve.. One day you merely get swallowed by the fish that waits for you at the end of the stream.
This morning I got to see this pic and Iam reminded of my resolve to walk on the edge and then fly away
Your muscles and your bones
when the cycle you pedal
is designed by some cruel infidel
I started with one
And sweated like a pig in the sun
I huffed and i puffed about to break up
Sheer providence handed me a butter cup
Its just a sneeze spray distance from ur pad
Stands the light infantry for the fat jihad
for 15k you will find
A Taiwanese cycle called GD Time
Twill be like adding air in your shoe
go glide on a vaporetto
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Lets start with a decently fat belly .. not the real big one. I say this because you must have enough weight to challenge you a bit, too much of it will make you not want to move and that will lead to morbid obesity. Those who have just enough weight will have to really be fit enough to challenge themselves as opposed to those who are fit they really don't have to be fit to carry themselves. Therefore those who seem fighting fit with just adequate muscles are really not fit in true sense of the word.
So how do you make yourself fit? Firstly you must be happy and always want to have a hearty laugh and you must have no problems in consuming food. Nay I will not say you need to be a foodie or a lover of food, far from it. When you want to eat you must eat and make sure you dont hog alone you need to eat and drink with friends and good company.
Most of all you must have good rest, you need to sleep very well.
With all this make sure you don't worry about your weight or that pot belly of yours. But you need to worry if you are not able to move about or even if you hesitate to move about. Make sure your always ready to walk around run around, climb and trek inspite of your pot belly. Only then you are fit. If not you are just sloppy.
Would not even say its a good attempt. Honestly I would not have picked the book had it not been for my mental fatigue and I wanted to read something real real light.
I should not say it disappointed me that badly but I honestly would not recommend this to anyone. But yes why not try it when your really drained out and you just dont want to READ.. then this book will keep you going . More
I had read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro few months back and then decided to try this. Not that I had great expectations. But sometimes one would like to watch a masala flick and if one is not a movie type why not settle for a book .... Sachin will not disappoint you here.
The writing was very ordinary the story lacked imagination but wtf it kept me going for a while.
Make sure you gargle your mouth with a decent book after this.. lest you indulge in more banality ...
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Friday, June 15, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
There is so much of negative things being said about credit cards and loans and stuff like that. I have been in the receiving end of such oppression - if I may use that word. But to a person like me who loves life on the edge and bordering on the high risk profile I just can get myself to have surplus funds, it just does not happen. Not that I have not tried but I have tried in vain and every time I fall flat on the face I only strengthens my resolve about me being a non-savings guy. Its got its own heart burns for sure. When it comes to bill payment.
Probably the only solution is to live life like a pauper and being content and then give off all the surplus money to those who need it the most instead of stashing it. Well that brings as to the issue of saving for a rainy day. I guess when you focus on the rainy day and save for it the rainy day happens. My life is going to be an experiment of sorts. As long as I can move about I will work, provided people employ me. I want to live light now. I don't want be seduced by the material stuff. I pray for discernment and a generous heart to give away what I have in excess for those who need it, expecting nothing in return. There will be a time when I need money will those who took from me ever pay back? and big big NO. They may look away from me. But then from the most unexpected direction someone will come by. And even if they dont a new ME will rise within myself - MY SPIRIT OR MY WILL will become richer and stronger.
I love this passage
There is no suffering that you have to endure that is not common to man. But God is faithful and just for with the suffering he will give you way to escape that you may be able to bear it .
Here is a pic that captured my imagination today and made me write this
Monday, June 11, 2012
I just read a nice article on the power of negativity, on how negative thought and talk must actually fuel a person to move forward.
For a brief period, while in college, I was serving a community of lepers. I used to read about leprosy. That’s when I realized the importance of pain. Leprosy thrives due to lack of pain, if there was pain the patient would have attended to it. It is that lack of pain that makes a person ignore pain and eventually eats him up (quite literally) and yet the person is not aware.
Negativity has the same capability. That’s why when a leader is surrounded by sycophants who do not speak their mind and are playing the favorite tune……… Hansen steps in.
To all those bosses, leaders, managers, whoever who do not like the voice of dissent I wish to pin this Hansen’s badge on you, please not that pleasure without pain can destroy you.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
It’s one of those books that gripped me through and I had to read it in one shot.
The author had tried to interface two economies. The Vanger and Wennerstrom represents the companies of the industrial age. More so with Vanger and Wennerstrom is plonked in probably the intersection of the industrial and information age economy. Vanger may be a bit conservative, with it sordid family equations and secrets that is grappling with challenges so immense, while Wennerstrom, ambitious, with unethical dealings has exploitation and deception at its core. The fact that Salander was easily able to hack into the system of Wennerstrom is an indication that their strength lies nowhere but in deception.
The characters Blomkvist and Salander are the information age heros who are fighting a corrupt system with high moral standards with smart work.
The missing of the Harriet girl will bug you… it keeps you guessing. You might actually want to get in and as you read you will start suspecting the ones who killed her. Fact that she is not dead but cleverly left the scene is very systematically but casually unpacked. I loved that part. So you actually will end up heaving a sigh of relief but may not get those nasty goose bumps.
Well there are lots of other characters too. But for a reader you must be influenced by the work ethic of Blomkvist and his occasional lover Erica and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo who is the geek … and free soul, who cares very little about established institutions.
Monday, June 04, 2012
I have something for you that I am sure you will enjoy just as much. It’s a blessing for each one of us and also for some of us who have moved within and beyond their comfort zones, taking on new changes, responsibilities, challenges and even lands. One of us is even moving out from within familiar boarders and people, to foreign lands and challenges. God bless and God speed.
A Prosperity Blessing
May you be blessed with an amazingly abundant day today!
May the clouds break and the heavens pour down upon you more joy, more love, more laughter and more money than you could have ever dreamed of.
May the sun shine its golden light of prosperity through every cell of your extraordinary body.
May you be cleansed today of any resistance or feelings of unworthiness that you may still be holding onto.
May your false illusions of doubt, fear and scarcity gently fall away like soft white feathers on a gentle breeze.
May you be willing, simply willing, to allow the Universe to shower you with miracles today.
May the Angels wrap you in their shining wings of opulence.
May the fairies deliver you to their pot of gold at the end of a majestic rainbow.
May your eyes shine with the glorious truth of who you really are and may that truth uplift others in your presence to their own inner knowing.
May your ears hear the sound of perfection ringing in your soul.
May you taste the deliciousness of every precious bite of life as your day unfolds moment by moment with amazing grace, heartfelt love and a bounty of magnificent money.
As this day ends, may you slumber wrapped in an exquisite blanket of enduring peace and profound gratitude.
And may the last words you speak today be Thank You!
Veronica M. Hay
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Okay did I say five? I said it because there cant be just one way to solve mans problem. And moreover the tutor in the social media workshop told me to use numbers in my headline to attract more attention. Honestly there is only one way to overcome petrol hike which is not to buy it. Well that is a dumbass kind of solution and you will not take me seriously.
I want you to spend more time reading this and at the end feel good. The last think I want people to say of me is "here is another cheater!!!!' so i will surely give you the best solution.
Assume that you are a person who is already careful about using your car or your two wheeler. You dont make casual trips or detours and you dont use your vehicle for short distances. So you are a conservative person already. How else can you save on petrol? Think of 4 days a month and call it a no vehicle day. Now you try going to your work place with a combination of walk, bus/train and auto. Make sure you use minimum auto. Try to make 4 days into five days and you can do a maximum of upto 5 days a month.
Set up a nice home office environment and convince your boss that you will work from home. Try to do this 5 days a month .. but start small 2 days and then move it up to 5. And make sure you really work hard and make your boss happy and make them beleive that its well worth it.
Buy yourself a good cycle and cycle to office atleast 5 days a month. This is real good.
Buy yourself a good cycle and cycle to office atleast 15 days a month. This is ever better.
Buy yourself a good cycle and cycle to office . This is the best. By doing this you will not only save money on petrol but also medicines. Cheers
Dont curse the petrol hike. It makes us think.