Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Big Petitions

Last evening as I lay down reading a book, I read about the General who presented a bloated bill to Alexander the Great who was kind enough to sponsor the wedding of the General's daughter.  Alexander's reaction was strange, I expected him to react by ordering the Generals head but guess what Alexander says "Pay it! Don't you see- by asking me for such an enormous sum he does me great honor. He shows that he believes Iam both rich and generous"

I was amazed as I read this.  The response!!!!!!  The attitude of a leader!!!!

Contemplating on it I realized how we insult God with small ambitions and expectations. 

Thou art coming to a King
Large petitions with thee bring
For His grace and power are such
None can ever ask too much

Most of us seem very contended spending our time and applying our mind on how to get a can of drinking water for our homes that we do not realize the importance of working towards linking rivers to make sure that we get a constant supply of water for a lifetime for many.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: