Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The fortune teller

How queer it is when one is just standing by the road and when a man with a light beard with the gift of the gab approaches you and commits to dissect you life.  I was quite taken aback but was in a fairly open mind, and my body language obviously communicated my incline to talk to him while my verbal appeals was a resounding NO.  This saffron dude was smart, he rejected my verbal appeal and processed my non verbal cues.

The next step was a sample.  He say "Jee Dont pay but I will tell.. and we gave a twitter kind of talk"

It worked.  Dont u think the same applies in a more sophisticated level when this equivalents of road side soothsayers scale up style and language and call themselves consultants.  What did I learn?  Learn t never to processes the verbal blast but handle the non verbal cues.

So much to learn from the roads.. what they may not probably teach you at IIM perhaps

Posted via email from wordcreates's posterous

No comments: