Friday, June 29, 2012

My morning got disturbed and then I changed me

My morning used to be quiet, and you all know how important to start a morning at peace.  That's how I used to start at work, Peaceful.  Then 3 weeks back it all changed.  A new department moved to the adjoining room and their work was to deal with people so I could not really blame them when there was talk of immense volume and laughter. It disturbed me no end.  My mornings were not the same anymore.  The day did not start with peace and my day did not work out fine consequently. 

My instincts wanted to get the better of me.. I wanted to storm into the room and actually wanted to tell people to SHUT UP.  No that's not my style but I would have gently told them to talk softly and not disturb.  Well what would have happened is as a senior (old) guy I would have annoyed them or would have made them sullen.  I would have screwed up their day.  I would have distanced myself from them.  They were youngsters and I would have probably thrown cold water into their enthusiasm.  So what do I do?  The noise was getting too much by the day.  I HAD TO DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!

So I did some thinking?

I bought myself a headset.

First few days I  listened to Mozart and cut off the sounds partially.  But the the ambient noise was cutting through the music and it was not a good idea.  

So I decided to listen to some motivational talks... I never used to do it.

So I played Zig Ziglar and Brain Tracy... I started liking the talks

My mornings with such talk was much better the the peaceful mornings I used to enjoy earlier. 

Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. Marcel Proust

Posted via email from wordcreates's posterous

No comments: