Monday, January 05, 2009

Splash of red and hope of mankind


For years I was ashamed to be part of a land that had people in abundance with the most despicable practices... spitting on the road, blowing their noses in public and then wiping their fingers delicately on handles in the buses and the lampposts ( let me save some for another blog)

Then it dawned on me one day that the ones who do this have been for centuries kept under bondage and subjection, but today they are free. Free to spit anywhere and everywhere. They are celebrating. I prefer this to evil social practices of discrimination on caste, color and creed. Now the more I see such things the more Iam happy that my land will so the light of equality and justice.

I will love to celebrate with them. I may not spit but may clean it.

No comments: